Holidays in Boston – Part 3

Thursday the 24th we first headed to the Harborwalk facing the Waterfront to take pictures of the Boston skyline in the morning sunlight. Then after a quick sandwich and salad lunch, we visited the New England Aquarium. This was the first time that I have been to a proper aquarium ever, and it was awesome. Clio loves fishes (and that is an understatement), so for her it was almost as good as going to Disneyland. We could even pet some animals in the ‘ray and shark touch tank’. We spent more than 3 hours here! Afterwards we still walked through Chinatown and spent some time in the Public Garden (surrounded by hundreds of squirrels) before taking the subway home in the sunset.

On the morning of the 25th we started with a visit to the Science Museum. It was all right, especially the more interesting interactive elements, although I was a tiny bit disappointed with their collection overall. It’s not like the science museum in London… I think this one might be more fun for smaller children. But then after a lunch break (BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich for the win!) and buying a few more GoPro accessories (that are so much cheaper in the USA), we went kayaking on the Charles River. There was quite some wind, but the water was not too rough, especially inside the Storrow Lagoon along the Esplanade. The view towards the city was really nice and we enjoyed our time in the sunshine a lot. I am sure if we lived somewhere in New England, I would have a sea kayak.










Saturday was our last full day, and the first day when we were not exactly sure what to do. After quite some thinking we decided to go to South Boston. We walked along the Harborwalk from the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum all the way up to Castle Island. The weather was still nice, although the wind got quite strong, so we were happy to warm up with a hamburger and a hot dog at the end :) Then we took a bus towards Downtown to find a place that had happy hour for oysters (for Clio).



Then Sunday morning we still had a nice brunch (where I had a gigantic breakfast pizza) at the MIT before going to the airport. The flight was uneventful, especially since we were sitting on the left side of the plane and thus we did not get to see the total lunar eclipse happening on the other side… And unluckily there were no northern lights on our side either. We arrived home on the afternoon with some serious jet lag. Clio tried to fight it with some sleeping, while I tried to stay awake playing FIFA 16 on the PS4…


To sum it up, we had a really nice time in Boston, it was really worth going. I spent quite some time making a selection of the hundreds of photos I had taken there, so if you are curious to see more than the very strict selection of this blog post, then head over to my Flick gallery. Thanks for reading!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.